Honey Chicken Stir Fry
A quick and easy meal that adds a hint sweetness to a savory dish.
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen broccoli stir-fry vegetable blend
- Hot cooked rice
- Whisk cornstarch and cold water until smooth. Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and garlic; stir fry for 1 minute. Mix in honey, soy sauce, salt, and pepper. Cook chicken about 2-3 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink. Remove chicken mixture from skillet.
- Using the same skillet, add vegetable blend with remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil and stir fry until tender, about 5 minutes. Add chicken mixture back to skillet. Mix in the cornstarch mixture, bringing the dish to a boil. Cook and mix for 1 minute or until thickened. Serve with rice.