Vegetable Lentil Soup
Here’s a hearty, flavorful soup perfect for vegetable lovers and anyone watching their weight.
- 3 cups cubed peeled butternut squash
- 1 cup chopped carrot
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup dried lentils, rinsed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) Italian diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cups frozen cut green beans (around 8 ounces)
- Add butternut squash, carrots, onions, lentils, seasonings, and broth to a 5-quart slow cooker. Cook on low heat for 4 hours, until lentils are soft.
- Mix in tomatoes and green beans. Cook on high for 30 minutes. Serve.