Pumpkin Chili with Black Beans
A simple slow cooker chili that incorporates pumpkin, which adds a delicious creaminess to the dish.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2-1/2 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Cubed avocado and thinly sliced green onions
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and pepper, cooking until soft. Mix in garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add onion mixture to a 5-quart slow cooker. Mix in next 10 ingredients and cook on low for 4-5 hours. Top with cubed avocado and sliced green onions.